Library History

1883 - Founded the community center in Golyama Kutlovitsa.

1984 - The community center was refunded by giving him the name "Razym." It marked the beginning of the Library, which is his first child. During this year were bought the first books and magazines.

1938 – It was opened the new building of the Community center and a Library with reading-room. The book fund is increasing and for the first time was introduced the Decimal Classification. The Library is used by students, intellectuals and artisan`s.

1953 - The Library is announced for local, and its library collection is 11.761 t.

1956 - Opening the Children`s Department.

1959 – Opening the "Acquisition, processing and catalogs" Department.

1959- The Library has been declared for a district methodic.

1961 – The library passes to a new form of servicing-free access to the books.

1961 – Opens a separate reading-room.

1961 – Opens a affiliate on blvd. “G. Dimitrov” (today “March 3”)

1966 – Initiate the beginning of regional knowledgeactivity.

1968 – A reading-room “Art and music” was detached.

1978- The Library moves to a new building.

1978 – The self departments “Circulation for adults”, “Reading-rooms”, Reference department”, „Regional studies” were detached.

1983 – The Library was awarded with the medal “Cyril and Metodii” – I st -degree, on the occasion of its 25th anniversary.

1983- After a natural disaster the fund repository of the Library was flooded and part of the fund was destroyed.

1993- Initiate the beginning of computerization of the Library.

1998- The Library was awarded with the honorary badge of Montana municipality.

1998- The Library is visited by Mrs. Elke Beer – Library Director of City Library Chemnitz, Germany. A contract for cooperation between the Libraries has been signed.

1999- Ms. Dimitrina Borisova – Library Director and Ms. Valeria Krusteva – librarian visited the City Library Chemnitz, Germany.

1999- “Foreign language reading-room” was detached.

1999- After a natural disaster for the second time the fund repository of the Library was flooded. 6000 books were destroyed, and the other 70 000 library documents were saved and evacuated.

2000- “Methodological-information centre” was opened together with the Resource Center of Goethe-Institute, Bulgaria

2002 – “European Information Centre” was opened.

2004- The Library starts working on the ABLE project.

2005- Ms. Dimitrina Borisova – Library Director, visited the Public Library of city Bettendorf, Iowa, USA

2006- Ms Anelia Ivanova – Head librarian of the Service units was on 5 weekly specializations in the Public Library of city Bettendorf, Iowa- USA.

2006- Mrs. Fay Clow- Library Director of the Public Library of city Bettendorf, Iowa- USA, visited the Regional Library “Geo Milev” in the city of Montana.

2006- Mrs. Nadejda Ivanova took part in 15th International Conference in the city of Maribor- Slovenia to the COBISS Program.

2006- The Library was awarded with the memorial sign “60 years Rouse University”

2007- Free Internet access for the readers has been provided thanks to the donation of family Gibson.

2007- Ms. Dimitrina Borisova – Library Director of the Regional Library “Geo Milev” and Hristo Ivanov – Head librarian, took part in the 16th International Conference in the city of Maribor- Slovenia to the COBISS program.

2008- “American nook” was opened by His Excellency the US Ambassador John Beyrle.

2009- Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Regional Library “Geo Milev”.

2009- Ms. Dimitrina Borisova – Library Director of Regional Library “Geo Milev”, took part in the 17th International Conference in the city of Maribor- Slovenia to the COBISS program.

2009- Regional Library “Geo Milev” was included into the project “Global libraries”

2009- Regional Library “Geo Milev” was nominated for the State award “Hristo G. Danov”.

2009- Regional Library “Geo Milev” was awarded with the Badge of Honor of Montana.

2011 – 19 to 21 June in the city of Aarfus, Denmark was consisted a conference under the title of “Next Library”. Into the conference work took part Anelia Ivanova, head librarian of the Regional Library “Geo Milev”- city of Montana, together with Krasimira Kaneva, regional manager of the Program Glob@l Libraries.

Library Directors

1959 г.- Nickola Goranov

1959 - 1960 г.- Ivan Stefanov

1960 - 1964 г.- Ivanka Dobreva

1964 - 1966 г.- Nickola Trifonov

1966 - 1969 г.- Jordanka Hristova

1969 - 1980 г.- Petya Peneva

1980 - 1985 г. – Luchiya Krivobarska

1986 - 1988 г.- Danka Bagdjiiska

1988 - 1996 г.- Letka Todorova

1996 - 2011 г. – Dimitrina Borisova

2011 г. -        Aneliya Ivanova